Friday, May 10, 2013

Review: Coffee and Cockpits by Jade Hart


Coffee and Cockpits 
by Jade Hart
Publication date: March 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance

I guess going in I expected a sexy co-pilot, aircraft engineer , and flight attendant in a triangle of lust or love. I admit fully we certainly got that and so much more. Liam and Nikolia were once friends and something bad happened that tore these too childhood best friends apart. Nina is headstrong going after her dreams has her own plan on how to make them a reality. All three of them come together with Nina's BFF Jos. Then suddenly by my surprise I was whisked away on an roller coaster. This book is what it seems, a love triangle with heartbreak and turmoil and characters that grow from it all. 

Forget the roller coaster you first go on because once you think the story is coming to an end  it hits you over the head (insert your choice: frying pan, bat, plane). Then tosses you around for a little bit in a strange unique interesting  way. I did not see what was coming, not even a hint and the story took on a whole new depth and meaning with these characters. My head is still spinning around wondering REALLY!? All in a good way I think. Talk about getting knocked in the head by book of all things. 

Seriously, the only reason why I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I feel like I got knocked in the head. Everything is great and the book is wrapping up but then in the same book I felt like I was at the beginning all over again but different at the same time.  It's really hard to explain if you haven't read the book without giving away the unique awesomeness.  I think if it were in two parts I wouldn't feel like I took a blow to the head. Yet at the same I think the blow to the head is completely amazing. So you can see why I teeter between 4 and 5. I went with 4 because I'm not sure I want to re-read it but yet I'm so glad I had the chance to be taken along on this ride. 



Synopsis:
By day, Nina Poppins is a professional flight attendant, who lives to travel, and isn’t afraid to chase her dreams. By night, she’s an award winning salsa dancer who wears sexy corsets and garter belts. She keeps her two lives separate, and none of her colleagues suspect that cool, demure Nina has a hot, spicy side.

Liam Mikin is a co-pilot who can get any air-hostess he wants with one blazing look of his blue eyes, and he wants Nina. He knows her secrets and is determined to win her affections.

Nikolai Rivers is an aircraft engineer who can dance as well as Nina and enjoys getting hot and heavy with her on the dance floor. But frustration chafes him at being held at arm’s length. However, his opportunity to break her exterior comes when an airplane malfunctions on a flight to Samoa, stranding all the crew on the Pacific island indefinitely.

Liam and Nikolai see each other as a challenge and start a race to be the first to earn Nina’s attention, but what they didn’t count on was the consequences of being island-wrecked, or the problems that come with fighting for the same girl...

AUTHOR BIO
Jade Hart is a self-confessed book worm who is happiest glued to a lap-top with an eternal battery life and typing up stories running rampant in her head.

Her three favorite things are:
1. Unlimited books on an Ebook Reader
2. Cracking the sugar on a creme brulee
3. Bunny rabbits

Jade currently resides in Middle-Earth, but has lived in Australia, England, and Hong Kong and uses her many travel experiences as muses for her work. 

Author Links:
Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. :)