Monday, September 2, 2013

Review: Perilous Promises by Christi Williams

Perilous Promises
by Christ Williams
Aug 1, 2013
Contemporary Romance 

I really liked Perilous Promises. I lost my grandmother to breast cancer because she refused treatment and would rather die then to feel the way Perris felt. That alone pulled me closer to Perris. After being married to the same man for more then 12 years and finding out I'm at high risk for getting it too made me realize I  am also more frightened over how my husband would react after surgery then battling the cancer itself. Breast cancer is a growing issue in the world today and while treatment has given us women a better chance at survival it leaves more then just scars on the skin. Parts of this book made me want to cry and others I felt Perris needed a good spanking to set her straight. Overall, I really enjoyed getting to know Perris and Noah along with all her friends. I think we need more romance books that deal with breast cancer to help bring a little understanding, hope, compassion, and romance to all women.

After a fight with breast cancer Perris made her life the way she wanted it. No one to lean on, standing strong on her own, with her dream job. Things quickly go wrong for her when a protester pushes too far and she runs into her ex-husband for the first time in 5 years. 

Noah made the worst mistake a man could make with the women he loves when she was fighting cancer. With no time to adjust the love of his life just up and left him leaving him with little understanding of why. They should have been able to talk about what happened but she ran. 


Synopsis:  Rating: Sensual Romance - Controversial
She can survive anything except the men who love her. Perris Dalton doesn’t need a man. She left southwest Wyoming broken, so transformed by fighting cancer even her big hunk of a lawman couldn’t make love to her. Now she’s back. 


Her new job is to mitigate conflicts with raptors at a power plant’s coal mine. There’s no reason for her path to cross her ex-husband’s. But when an environmental demonstration inexplicably centers in on her, Sheriff Noah Dalton steps in, confident he can win back the woman who once walked out on him.
As the demonstration spirals into personal attacks, Noah, Perris’s father the sheep rancher, and her brother the college student, hatch a secret plot to protect her.


In an epic contest of wills with a lone woman survivor used to solving her own problems, and three Western heroes just as determined to save her, all hell starts to break loose.








About Christi Williams

My fiction is contemporary, so the settings and the characters are completely modern and struggle with today’s issues. But the men and women in my writing leave a big footprint, because their personalities and their solutions to problems hark back to the iconic days which really don’t exist anymore. My characters truly live by the Code of the West.

Christi Williams writes contemporary sensual romance set in Wyoming. My strong heroines love cowboys and lawmen! I love hearing from readers, so please contact me.

 | Facebook | Twitter | Goodreads | Google+ | Blog | Pinterest | 

Perilous Promises buy links:
Take a Chance on Love buy links:





Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. :)