Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tour: Review: Interview: Branded by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki

 Most might remember this video from awhile back. 


Looks pretty good doesn't it?
Keep reading for my thoughts on the first book in the Sinners series.


 Branded
(Sinners #1)
Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki
Release Date: June 28, 2013
Genre: Mature Young Adult/New Adult, Dystopian Romance
Tour Host: Lady Amber's Tours







Book Description:
Twenty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best.
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home.

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain.

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.
The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me.
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter.
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.


 
  
Branded is about Lexi's life. We start her journey with her just before she is taken and introduced the harsh reality she has to face. She's assigned a guard Cole and I admit I had a lot of questions that kept wanting answers. Of course Lexi wanted them too. Branded held many surprises as the sweet romance between Cole and Lexi unfolded. They take their time building up some heat between these two but when it changes with them it gets pretty good for a YA Romance.  Why? kept whispering in my ear almost the whole time I was reading the book. Why is she so lucky? Why does she have a guard assigned to her? Why?... so many why's. Not only is this a pretty kick az Dystopian story it's a darn good mystery too with some action as well. It's never a dull moment in the Hole. Those moments it's somewhat calm we get some really sweet passionate scenes between Lexi and Cole.  I can't wait to find out what book 2 holds!


I really enjoyed this book. My favorite character surprised me. His name is Zeus and really has no lines in this book but he's absolutely amazing. I've read a lot of books that have a real furry character and most of those seem to fall flat or have no true purpose in the book. Zeus is by far the best fur baby I've read in a book in a really long time. Please I beg you, Abi & Missy to not let him die at the end of the series like Old Yeller! I'd cry forever!

 He's a someone clumsy fellow that likes to do some pretty funny things. Like when he.. or when he.. Oh, you'll just have to read about this fellow.He's stolen my heart.


 Just remember he definitely has no problem killing you if you piss him off.

I couldn't the right dane pic but you get the picture. *winks*











Hey, Bruno glad you could make it today. I won't bother asking how you got here. I don't have a weak stomach but we don't need to cause you trouble.

It’s not a problem. I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to embarrass Cole.

Well now that I have you behind closed doors please tell me what's it like being a guard in the Hole?
 It’s just another day on the job really. There’s plenty of nut jobs to keep us busy.

Like the creep that repeats your sin over and over again. He creeps me out. 
*shudders*
Moving on because some of those nut jobs really scare me... 
Why or how did you become a guard? 
I was recruited when I was younger. You know, since I’m so buff and all.

*eyes Bruno up and down taking in the sexy well built male sitting on her couch blushing slightly*
So, what's it like being Cole's friend? 
Before he met Lexi, he was predictable—proficient, followed rules, and didn’t ask questions. Now that he’s whipped, I’d say he’s a pussy. Haha. Hope he’s not listening…  

*laughs* I don't see him around but no promises that someone won't tell him. Besides, he seems more then happy with the changes.
Can you tell us how you became friends?  
We were both recruited by the guards & sent to the same training facility. We had to share a bunk and were forced to work together so we naturally became buddies.

Wow, been friends for a good while then. No wonder why he trusts you so much. 
What made you work Lexi so hard?  
She needed it. Cole and I might not be there all the time, so it’s important she learned some basic ways of defending herself. Plus, if it were my wife, I’d hope Cole would do the same.

That was really great of you to do for her. It seemed Lexi really appreciated the time you spent training her. 
Any idea what the future holds for you two?  
Hey, it’s never a dull moment when us two knuckleheads hang out. Usually it includes lots of jokes and even more firepower. In the end though, there’s always a lot at stake… for both of us. 
No, it's definitely not a dull moment with you guys around. Thanks for taking the time to join us Bruno. I know with everything going on it's dangerous for you all. Keep them all and yourself safe. 





Author Bios:
Abi Ketner Is a registered nurse with a passion for novels, the beaches of St. John, and her Philadelphia Phillies. A talented singer, Abi loves to go running and spend lots of time with her family. She currently resides in Lancaster, Pennsylvania with her husband, triplet daughters and two very spoiled dogs.

Melissa Kalicicki received her bachelor’s degree from Millersville University in 2003. She married, had two boys and currently lives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Aside from reading and writing, her interests include running and mixed martial arts. She also remains an avid Cleveland sports fan.

Abi and Missy met in the summer of 1999 at college orientation and have been best friends ever since. After college, they added jobs, husbands and kids to their lives, but they still found time for their friendship. Instead of hanging out on weekends, they went to dinner once a month and reviewed books. What started out as an enjoyable hobby has now become an incredible adventure.

Links:
twitter @abiandmiss.com 
website and blog www.abiandmissy.com

Blogaholic Designs”=

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. :)